|Student Worksheet #2-3:
Written Document Analysis Worksheet
1. Type of document (Check one):
2. Unique physical qualities of the document (check one or more):
3. Date(s) of document:
4. Author (or creator) of the document:
5. For what audience was the document written?
6. Document information (There are many possible ways to answer A-E.)
A. List three things the author said that you think are important.
B. Why do you think the document was written?
C. What evidence in the document helps you to know why it was written? Quote from the
D. List two things the document tells you about life in the United States at the time it was
E. Write a question to the author that is left unanswered by this document.
Designed and developed by the staff of the Education Branch, National Archives, Washington DC 20408
Part II, Worksheet #2-3
[LESSONS] [FIRST PAGE] [PREVIOUS PAGE] [TOP] This is the end of the Lesson.